Collaborative Courts Demographics/Outcome Data
The following graphs and data provide information about the 148 consumers the Collaborative Courts-Full Service Partnership (CCFSP) program served during fiscal year 2012-13.
Gender—More than half of the consumers served by CCFSP, 56%, are male, while 44% are female.
Age—The majority of CCFSP consumers range in age from 13 to 17 years old, making up 59% of the population. At 40%, the second largest percentage of consumers is between the ages of 18 and 24 years. CCFSP’s smallest percentage of consumers range in age from 0 to 12 years and make up only 1% of the CCFSP population.
Ethnicity—Although a large percentage of CCFSP consumers are Latino/Hispanic, the program serves youth of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds. The second largest percentage of CCFSP consumers are Caucasian, followed by African American, Native American and Asian. Generally, the preferred language of consumers tends to be English; however the program provides bilingual services in both Spanish and Vietnamese.
Education—During the 12 months prior to intake into the program, 49 CCFSP consumers were enrolled in and attending school. Since participating in the CCFSP program, the total number of consumers enrolled and attending school increased to 139.
Employment—Prior to intake into the CCFSP program, four consumers reported they were employed. Since participating in the program, the number of consumers employed increased to 31. Since employment is a goal for many of the CCFSP consumers, the program offers job development services to help increase the number of consumers gaining both work experience and employment.
Housing and Homelessness—During the 12 months prior to intake, 33 consumers spent at least one day homeless. Since participating in the program, only 8 individuals spent time homeless.
Co-occurring Disorders—A diagnosis of both mental illness and substance abuse was present in 61% of CCFSP consumers served during FY 12/13, while the remaining 39% were diagnosed with a mental health disorder only.
Psychiatric Hospitalizations—For the 12 months prior to program intake, 13 consumers were hospitalized due to mental health issues. Since participating in the CCFSP program, 4 consumers were hospitalized due to mental health issues.
Incarceration Episodes—In the 12 months prior to intake into the program, 77 CCFSP consumers experienced incarceration, making up 52% of population served. Since participating in the program, the number of consumers incarcerated decreased to 41, only 28% of population served.